WORK WITH US
OAK Magazine is a small and growing team who are passionate about supporting and uplifting women in regional Australia. We build and support small businesses, celebrate their journeys and inspire women to be brave in business.
OAK Magazine is a community ecosystem of print, digital, events and audio/podcast. We have also recently launched More Than Love Magazine. Yes, we love print but we love sharing stories that connect, resonate and influence even more.
Editorial + Digital Content Manager
OAK Magazine is looking for an Editorial + Digital Content Manager to take our editorial content to the next level, grow our online presence and nurture our community.
This role will ensure the efficient workflow and management of content development across a variety of user touch points including social media, website and email marketing.
You are skilled at developing relevant editorial themes and story angles based on trending topics and brand priorities.
You are an experienced content writer who is creatively driven and understands the power of written content to forge connection and evoke emotion.
You will look for opportunities to inspire our audience, and you can make things happen collaboratively and efficiently.
You will support the team in developing partnerships with brands. You will be comfortable with outreach and engaging in meaningful communication both verbal and written.
Our small team all work remotely, and with young families we embrace flexibility. You will be a self-starter and highly motivated while remaining flexible and proactive.
Starting out, this role will be 10 hours a week. You will be paid an hourly rate for the hours you do. You can invoice fortnightly or monthly, whatever works for you.
Whilst the ‘to do’ list is long, we don’t expect you to accomplish it all within the allocated 10 hours per week which is why we envision the role/hours to expand in line with business growth.
We are looking for someone who is regionally based and equally passionate about supporting and uplifting women in regional Australia. You will be a solid and reliable team member, and enjoy small business which often sees everyone working together to get the job done.
What you'll need...
- Experience in a similar role such as marketing, communications, publishing, PR or the digital realm.
- Be a highly motivated, self-starter with the ability to set clear goals and planning.
- Exceptional communication skills (written, verbal, listening) are essential to this role.
- Experience writing across print and digital media platforms.
- Experience developing and implementing strategic marketing plans and analysing results.
- Experience with Shopify and Klaviyo preferred but not essential.
- Experience with Instagram, Facebook, LinkedIn essential and Pinterest (highly desired).
- Familiarity with SEO.
- Structured approach, eye for detail and ability to manage deadlines.
- Can hit the ground running.
We are looking for someone to start right away and if we are a match made, we cannot wait to see this relationship and job role develop and grow.
How to apply
Request a job description from our Founder + Editor via email@example.com
Applications close Friday 17 September 2020